Our top tip is a consultation! They are a complimentary 15 minute appointment, where you can discuss your vision. This is great way for us to get to know you and what you are looking for to get the best from us. Consultations are the best way of preventing unhappiness on your special day. For grads who are concerned the look they want will not suit them or their hair type, we also offer trials for $65. Ask your Stylist or Make Up Artist if you are interested in booking a trial appointment.
Another hot tip, book as soon as you know! During grad our time is limited as we are aware most of you will need to be done and out our doors by a certain time. Booking in a timely fashion will allow you to pick the Stylist, Make Up Artist and time of your choice.
Our Stylists suggestions to get the best out of your visit are;
- Clean, dry hair. We've all heard in the past that dirty hair is the best for updo's. We are here to tell you that is not true! The products we use offer all the texture and hold you will need. Hair shampooed and dried the night before is our favorite to work with.
- Pictures, pictures, pictures...bring them! Visuals are a great tool for us to understand your vision and thought process so we can tailor that style to you. Please include a picture of your grad dress if possible. Check out our Pinterest boards and Instagram @michaudssalon for inspiration.
- Clip in extensions require a consultation.
- What do you wear? We highly suggest wearing something that is a zip up or button up style top that can be easily removed without brushing against your face or hair.
- Don't forget any hair accessories.
Our Make Up Artists are looking for;
- Clean, fresh face. Can wear a light moisturizer.
- Pictures. Our Make Up Artists love them too. We love when you have some ideas of what you would like to see.
- If you are causal in daily life, (someone who doesn't wear a lot of make up) your grad day is not the day to unleash your inner movie star. We want you to look like you, only better!
Another thing to keep in mind is your arrival time. In order to ensure you will get the most out of your appointment, please arrive 15 minutes ahead of time. If you arrive late, this does affect what we will be able to accomplish together.
All that being said, we want your grad day to be the best ever. For most of you that day starts in our salon and we strive to ensure all of you feel at home here. If you have any specific questions not outlined here be sure to ask your Stylist or Make Up Artist for more information.